|SEVIS Fee||Department of State Fee||$220.00|
|Up To 18 Months||Trainee Program Fee||$2,450.00|
|Up To 12 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$1,950.00|
|Up To 6 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$1,450.00|
|Up To 3 Months||Intern or Trainee Program Fee||$950.00|
|J-2 Visa Program Fee|
|J-2 Dependent Program Fee||This is the application fee for insurance of the DS-2019 Form for the dependent of J-1 visa applicant.||$500.00|
|Additional J-2 Program Fee||$200.00|
|Additional Fees + Services (these may be required)|
|New Host Company Site Visit Fee||$300.00|
|J-1 Visa Program Extension Fees||up to 3 additional months||$550.00|
|Please contact with GIP at least 30 day||3 to 6 additional months||$650.00|
|prior to the original program end date.||over 6 additional months||$850.00|
|Host Company Transfer Fee||$350.00|
|Expedited Fees + Services (if applicable)|
|Expedited J-1 Visa Processing Fee||Fifteen business days processing or complete applications||$1,500.00|
|Expedited Host Company Validation Cost||This fee applies to any new company that requests the required site visit to take place within five business days of application submission.||$1,350.00|
|Expedited J-2 Visa Extension Processing Fee||Please contact with GIP at least 30 day prior to the original program end date.||$250.00|
|Medical and Health Insurance Cost|
|Insurance provided by TaiAn Insurance||Approx. Monthly Fee||$50.10|
|J-2 Health Insurance (family)||by month||$50.10|
• All fees are in American Dollars.
• Please note that all J-1 visa applicants must pay a fee of $160.00 to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
• Before the DS 2019 is issued, the J-1 visa program fee will be refunded.
• The SEVIS fee is not refundable after the DS 2019 is issued.
• The host company site visit fee, if applicable, is nonrefundable.
• If the DS-2019 has been issued to the participant, but the J-1 visa was denied by the U.S. Consulate, only 50% of the J-1 Visa program fee will be refunded. In order for a J-1 visa participant to receive their refund, Gravity International Programs must receive the original DS form, a copy of their passport, and a letter from the U.S. Embassy stating a reason for denial.
• Neither the Host company nor GIP bear any liability for any losses or criminal activity incurred by a participant in connection with dismissal, early withdrawal, or the Host Company or GIP’s termination of the program. The participant will not be eligible for a refund if the participant withdraws from the program for any reason after the start date of the program; or participant is dismissed for any reason.
• If a participant has already received the J-1 Visa from a U.S. Consulate, no refund of the program fee will be given.
• Any request for a refund must be made in writing and submitted through our online platform. You can expect to receive a refund within 30 days of your written request.
• Please note that we will charge an additional Bank Wire Transfer fee of $50.00 if you pay via bank wire instead of credit card.
To give you some guidance on allocating your money during your time in the U.S., please review the estimated standard expenses for a single person during a typical program in the United States. These estimates will help you to budget accordingly.
- Initial Expenses: Average transportation cost from the airport to your host city and 3 days of stay in a hotel: $350.00.
- Housing: $500 to $1,200 per month. Housing in an urban area can be very expensive, but safe, lower-cost options are always available. Plan to stay temporarily in a hotel so you can conduct your housing search in person. You can use an online service to find a roommate. Most landlords will require a security deposit equal to one month’s rent plus the first month’s rent when you sign a lease.
- Utilities, including gas, electric, phone and internet: $150.00 per month.
- Food: $250.00 to $350 per month or more, depending on how often you cook at home or dine out.
- Transportation: $50 to $500 per month, depending on whether you use mass transit, or drive a car. Please note that you will also need car insurance if purchasing a car, which will add to your monthly cost.
- Personal Care Products: $25.00 per month
- Miscellaneous/Entertainment: $100 to $1,000 throughout your program.
Please refer the link below to calculate your estimated living expenses:
All J-1 Participants have a 30-day travel status period following the completion of their program. The grace period allows participants to travel domestically and/or to prepare for and depart from the United States. J-1 Participants are responsible for their own spending money during this time. Please note employment is prohibited during this grace period. However, J-1 Participants will be able to spend some of the money they earned during this time, if they wish. Each J-1 visa program is different, but most J-1 Participants will receive at least one check at the end of the program.