J-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
You can register online with GIP and apply for the J-1 Visa sponsorship as an Intern or Trainee.
We will provide you and your host organization with a dedicated J-1 Visa Program Coordinator for assistance throughout your entire J-1 Visa application process. If you are accepted to the program and get your visa J-1 Internship/Training visa, that same coordinator will stay dedicated to you for the duration of your program.
Follow these steps to apply for GIP J-1 visa sponsorship:
- Create an ID and password;
- After we verify your registration, sign into your account and fill out the application form and you will be able to upload the required documents through the online portal and submit the application to us.
- Once we receive all qualifying application materials, we will review your application and work with you to find the perfect program.
- You will receive an email from your GIP Coordinator describing the steps to complete GIP’s video interview, or if feasible, we will have a face-to-face interview with you. At the end of the interview, we will ask you to sign the J-1 Visa Program Terms and Conditions Agreement. GIP will perform a final review of all your application information.
- The participant or Host Organization is required to pay the Internship/Training Program Fee through our online payment system. Please refer to the Gravity International Programs Inc. Fee Schedule.
- At the same time, we will send an email to your Host Organization to confirm your internship/training and verify the company's contact information.
- We will go over the J-1 visa program expectations, rules, and regulations and we will ask them to complete the host organization agreement and host organization application form. Host organizations are also asked to provide a copy of business validation documents.
- After your payment and all of your application materials have been received and GIP has received confirmation of your placement from your Host Organization, GIP will process and issue your DS 2019 form.
- We will send you your original DS-2019 Form and key additional program and orientation materials.
Your dedicated GIP Coordinator will be your primary contact throughout the application process as well as for your entire exchange visitor program in the U.S. Feel free to contact your coordinator at any time with any questions or issues that you might have.