Gravity International Programs Inc.

News by category

Applying for a Driver’s License or State Identification Card

To make your time in the States easier, you may want to acquire a U.S. driver’s license. Here’s how to do it.As a J-1 exchange visitor, you may apply for a driver’s license or ID card, per state or territorial law. You must present necessary supporting documents that verify your … »
Read More

J-1 Visa Holders’ Pre-Departure Process

There are several important procedures to go through before you can depart to the United States. We’ll walk you through them. You’ve been accepted to your J-1 Visa program — congratulations! You have been issued your Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (Form DS-2019). Once you have Form DS-2019 … »
Read More

Renting an Apartment in the United States

Whether you’re here to learn or to work, you’ll need a place to stay. Here’s how to get started finding one. As a J-1 visa holder, you may need to present different documents as part of your application to rent an apartment in the U.S., but the process should not … »
Read More

Acquiring a Social Security Number (SSN)

A Social Security card is one of the most important documents for anyone residing in the United States. Here’s how to get one for yourself. In the United States, your SSN is an identification number used for many different purposes, such as gaining access to government services, tax collection, and … »
Read More
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26